Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 12 Post

We aren’t going to have time to have p-day tomorrow so we got permission to write today (: I don’t know why our schedule has been so crazy recently haha. We have a couple more days in the transfer and we are working hard to baptize this Saturday. I will probably get transferred next week to a new area so that should be really nice! I’m excited to see what happens (:  


Recently I have been thinking a lot on the concept of Believing Christ. I feel that in many occasions I believe IN Christ, but I don’t believe Christ. I know that God blesses his children as they are obedient to his commandments, but sometimes it is hard for me to apply that to myself! I need to Believe that Christs promises are also meant for me. As we are diligent in keeping the commandments we need to understand that, "the Lord is bound when we do what he says"(D & C 82:10). This week are planning on baptizing 3 youth that we have been teaching, Nabor, Samuel and Wendy. We have taught them, fasted and prayed fervently so that they will be baptized. Now i just need to Believe Christ when he says "ask and it shall be given you"(Matt. 7:7). The Lord has helped me build my faith as I strive to Believe that His promises are meant for me as well as others.

A talk that I really enjoyed from conference was Elder J. Devn Cornish Of the Seventy. He said that, “The answers to the questions “Am I good enough?” and “Will I make it?” are “Yes! You are going to be good enough” and “Yes, you are going to make it as long as you keep repenting and do not rationalize or rebel.” The God of heaven is not a heartless referee looking for any excuse to throw us out of the game. He is our perfectly loving Father, who yearns more than anything else to have all of His children come back home and live with Him as families forever. He truly gave His Only Begotten Son that we might not perish but have everlasting life! Please believe, and please take hope and comfort from, this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us to make it! That is His work and His glory. …"

Another talk that I enjoyed was President Monson’s talk in Priesthood session. The story of the soldier that made it up the rope to get to safety helped me understand that the promises made to us by Christ are very real. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God.

This week we were able to have some really good lessons with Nabor, Samuel and Wendy. Nabor and Samuel just need a little more desire to be able to get baptized this Saturday! We are working hard with them and it seems like the help of the young men’s president is really making the difference. Wendy needs permission from her parents to get baptized...we have faith that everything will turn out fine!

We are excited for this next transfer! We are going to life it to the maximum.

-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment