Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 25th post

We are going to baptize this week! We talked to Gerardo’s mom and she gave him permission to do it this Saturday! He has his interview today. He should pass the interview with flying colors because he has basically grown up in the church and is going to Seminary right now! He is going to be a great member and help out the young men’s program in the church.

My companion and I are pretty excited about this Saturday because it’s not a normal baptismal service, because it’s going to be with the whole stake! Stake baptisms are always fun. I’m pretty grateful that this stake president wanted to do it. We are going to be singing with all the other missionaries of the zone, "Te Hallare Mi Querido Amigo" which I hope turns out well! I’m going to be playing the piano so I should probably play it a couple times before playing it in front of everyone. I never thought I would play the piano so much in the mission! I love playing though so its great.

We also talked to Alondra yesterday and her less active husband Ian. We feel that they are finally going to get married so that Alondra can get baptized! We went with 2 members from other wards (Albania y Moctezuma) and they both ended up knowing Ian which helped the lesson a lot! They were both able to connect with him really well and Ian seemed more excited about "putting a ring on it"... (:

We found a new investigator this week with all the assistances as well! His name is Nabor and he is 17 years old. He seems really receptive and we hope he can get baptized next week.

Have a great week everyone!


-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment