Friday, July 29, 2016

July 28th ! New calling in the mission!

I forgot to tell all of you that I will be writing on Thursdays now when we have time (:

So this week has been really crazy! It turns out that I am not the secretary of the mission. I got to the offices on Monday and then we went to the mission home. The Assistants, President and I were sitting in his office and President George started talking to me about the mission and cedulas (certificates) and things like that and then out of nowhere he gets up to give me a hug and says, "Well I don’t really want you to be my secretary of cedulas; Will you be my assistant?”...

So it was 4:30 and I was now the new assistant #2 and we started to get to work immediately! We planned the meeting for the new missionaries and did some last transfer things. This week has been pretty crazy to say the least. My new companions name is Elder Prows, from Provo Utah! He’s such a great Elder!
I
 am so thankful for the opportunity to serve in this recent change as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ.  I feel that in this position I will be able to serve many more people! In these past few days,  I have seen just how much service is performed for the missionaries. I know the mission will achieve a great deal of success as we strengthen ourselves 100%. I am going to seek the guidance of Heavenly Father in everything that we do.  I have seen that it is essential to follow the will of God in all the actions we make because if we don’t we will fall into pride.
The elder here in the office are great. I see that there are many area of opportunity here but elder Prows and I have plans to make sure we are all obedient and working hard! It is essential for us as leaders to be a good example in all that we do.
Today at 4 we took all the elders and sisters who were going home to the airport! This was a generationally large group! Todos eran muy buenos misioneros!

During the week we visited an investigator named Claudia. She is the mother of a recent convert and is very interested. She has some doubts and is committed to achieve her personal and spiritual goals. She accepted a date to be baptized on the 13th of August and is willing to come to Church every Sunday with her son. We had a very spiritual lesson. My companion and I spoke afterwards and basically discussed that even though it went well, we could do better in making our lessons shorter and more direct.

Thats all I can tell you this week, but I'll try to write some more experiences next week! 
Have a great week!


-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment