Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30th Post

We received a big blessing sent from Heavenly Father this week! My companion got sick from the zika and we thought we weren’t going to be able to work much in the area because the doctor told him to rest for like a week, but the same day that he got sick the Lord sent Elder Bishoff and Flores to come help us out! Its sad that the 2 elders had to leave their own areas in los altos due to the problems there, but it was a big blessing for Elder Jarrett and I. We were able to give Elder Jarrett the rest he needed and keep working in the area. It was really fun doing these mini intercambios for like 4 days because we were able to learn a lot from Elder Bishoff and Flores. It was extra special because Elder Bishoff is from California like me so we were able to relate pretty well. The best thing is that Elder Jarrett feels pretty much better now and the Elders were able to go back to the altos today. 

When i was with Elder Flores we found a family that just moved to the area due to some marital problems and they all seem pretty interested to hear our message. They have many problems so I hope that they accept this message of comfort and hope that we bring. I am really grateful for being raised in a family with both of my parents. I am not sure why God blessed me so greatly, but i will always cherish the example my parents have been to me in their marriage. 

We have been hearing that they are going to legalize gay marriage in all of Mexico. Whatever happens i know that the Lord does not change the eternal laws and we need to defend the truth and the FAMILY. I have been reading a lot of general conference talks in the last years and i would say that the principal topic in most of the conferences is, the family. I am grateful to know that the Lord will protect us as we defend what is right.

Laura was able to come to church this Sunday, but she wasn’t able to get baptized. Satan has really been working hard to get her down. Her husband and family have been attacking her newly found faith. We will keep praying for her and try to rescue her with the help of the members.

The zone is doing well and they are all animated to work with the members! We are meeting with the member of the high council that’s in charge of family history, Hno. Rosales, to be able to better work in family history in the stake! We are pretty excited! 

I’d like to share just a little quote from Elder L Tom Perry. In his last general conference talk he testified, “My brothers and sisters, the restored gospel centers on marriage and family. It is also on marriage and family where we can unite most with other faiths. It is around marriage and family where we will find our greatest commonality with the rest of the world. It is around marriage and family that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the greatest opportunity to be a light on the hill. Let me close by bearing witness (and my nine decades on this earth fully qualify me to say this) that the older I get, the more I realize that family is the center of life and is the key to eternal happiness". 

Have a great week everyone! 

-Elder Hagues


No comments:

Post a Comment