Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16, 2016

Este semana fue lleno de cosas muy locos pero al final, todo salio muy bien! Tuvimos que ir a muchos lugares para pagar por medicamentos, hacer entrevistas, checar casas y pagar la renta en Villalores y arreglar todo allá. Todavía vamos a tener que regresar a Villaflores para sacar todas las cosas de su casa porque las hermanas no van a regresar pero cuando hablamos con la dueña para decirla que ellas no iban a regresar, ella lo tomo bien y no tuvimos problemas. Creo que vamos a conseguir una camioneta e ir con unos miembros para sacar todo y trearlo a Tuxtla. 

Our zone meeting last Friday went well! All of the missionaries are excited to start with the new focus of the month, Family History! Everyone was feeling that as we help others complete their family history, we will become more consecrated because of the spirit we will feel. We need a lot more baptisms in the zone to help meet the goal of 1000 baptisms in 2016. so we put a goal together as a zone to have 40 baptisms in the rest of this transfer. Its about 3 baptisms for every area. We are about 2 weeks into our 40 day fast as a zone too. Basically every day one of the companionships is going to be fasting for the investigators that have baptismal dates and we will be doing this for 40 days. We need more faith and i think that this fasting will help us see the miracle of 40 baptisms. This morning I was reading the talk, “Is Not This the Fast That I Have Chosen?” by Henry B Eyring, and i felt the spirit testify to me that fast offerings together with the fast are essential and we will receive many blessings! I really loved the scripture he used in his talk from mathew,

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

“Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

“Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

“When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

“Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me”.

We are looking for our 3 baptisms in our own area and we have 2 that are really great! Nacho and Laura are still progresing toward their baptismal dates. We are going to need to find one more to be able to meet our goal. Miguel is another posibility, but he didnt go to chruch this last Sunday. Miguel is kind of a tough guy becuase he is in the military, but im pretty sure that he is softening up and the spirit is really changing him becuase he prays more. Miguel told us that before we came he hadnt prayed in year, but now he is praying almost everyday! The spirit is helping him along. 

have a great week everyone! 


-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment