Wednesday, December 2, 2015

November 30th Post

This week went by pretty fast because we were busy preparing things for the Christmas activity, which turned out to be a success! In the Christmas activity I was reflecting on the importance of Christ in each one of our lives. Fortunately during the talleres (workshops), I was assigned to talk about how Christ was humble throughout his life and this helped me apply things from his life to mine. 

One example of his humility that I found during my study was during Jesus Christ's suffering in Gethsemane. As Christ was suffering for all of our pains, sicknesses and sins he came over to his apostles and instead of getting mad at them for not being able to stay awake, he begins to teach them. He had so much love for them that he didnt want them to fail. He taught them, "Velad y orad para que no entreis en tentacion"(Matthew 26:41). It was incredible for me to see that even during the most excruciating, humble act known to the history of man, Christ was still looking for opportunities to help those around him. He ALWAYS did the will of the Father. I hope to apply this principle throughout me life, and what better way then to work even harder her in Tapachula!

The zone is doing well. We had more lessons this week than any of the other weeks this transfer even though we lost a lot of work time due to the Christmas activity. This shows that the missionaries are starting to feel the spirit that Christmas brings and that spirit is propelling them to work harder. Elder Jarrett and I really arent that experienced as zone leaders, but him and I are working hard to follow the will of the Father.

Thank you for all of your support! Have a great week!

-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment