Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year!


Well this last week was pretty busy! We had a lot of things to do, but it all went well! We had an activity as a zone on the 25th and it all worked out really well. We were able to feel the spirit, have a little fun and in the end be more united as a zone, which was the goal of this activity in the first place. During the activity we were able to go sing in the OCC (bus station)  for a bunch of people and it was a good experience. Although we didn't sing very well we could feel the spirit which is what mattered. When we got into the OCC we all stood in our 3 different districts in the bus station and started singing. As we sang we started walking toward one another and all got together by this big Christmas tree they had there. You can just imagine the faces of all the people there haha. 

On Saturday we had our Blanca Navidad baptismal devotional. We were only able to get 2 baptisms, but the devotional turned out really well. All of the members said that they loved it! There were about 110 members that came which was outstanding. 

President Figueroa is working well with us and we are making some good plans for the commence of this new year of 2016. 

I am excited to start this new year. My new years resolution is to love my Heavenly Father with all my heart, might, mind and soul! I am filled with gratitude to know that my heavely father has given me another year of life! Ive learned a lot in this year and hope to learn much more this coming year. 2015 was my full year of service to the Lord so i will always remember it. 

As I was reflecting on this year I truly have come to know my savior Jesus Christ. One of my favorite hymns says the following,

 "They heard His voice, a voice so mild; It pierced them through and made their souls to quake; They saw Him come, a man in white, The Savior who had suffered for their sake. 

They felt the wounds in hands and side, And each could testify; This is the Christ; This is the Christ, the holy Son of God, Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind. 

This is the Christ, the healer of our souls Who ransomed us with love divine. I read His words, the words He prayed While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane; I feel His love, the price He paid. How many drops of blood were spilled for me? With saints of old in joyful cry I too can testify;

This is the Christ; This is the Christ, the holy Son of God, Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind. This is the Christ, the healer of our souls. Who ransomed us with love divine". 

I too bare my testimony that Jesus IS the Christ. 
Have a happy new year everyone! 

Love 

Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment