Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week 3

I thought this week would be harder being away from the family and all, but it was actually really fun!!! When one is 100% focused on the true meaning of Christmas, there is a beautiful spirit during such an important day. I feel like i lived my first real Christmas. I know that sounds kind of weird, but sharing the message of Christs birth all day and thinking about it constantly truly makes these days more special.Christ truly is the first gift of Christmas. On Christmas eve we were definitely over fed... we ate 4 full on meal in a span of 5 hours... all the families in the ward are really generous(: 

We ate with 3 families from our ward. Fam. Chaves, Lorgas y Augilar. These 3 families are amazing. Brother Augilar shared with us a beautiful story called "The Forgotten Carols". He basically depicted the entire story by memory and the spirit of Christmas was so strong! I recommend everyone read that story. Afterward my companion, bro. Augilar and i bore our testimonies of Christ and this beautiful time of year. The spirit was so strong i'd pay 1 million dollars to re-live that moment. Unforgettable. I know that Jesus Christ came to this earth to atone for our sins and pains because he loved us. I know that because of him everyone that has ever died on this earth will live again. I know that because of him i can receive forgiveness from my sins and find true joy. 

Also that night, we got together with a bunch of other elders in our Zone and had a huge Nerf war and enjoyed some fireworks! I didnt sleep much that night, but it was worth it! On Christmas day it was the opposite compared to Christmas Eve food wise hahaha the family we were going to eat with forgot about us so we ended up not eating hahaha Good old PB and J for a nice Christmas dinner(; 

Our area Christmas day was like a ghost town because everything was closed so no one was out. It was the best!!! hahaha 

I hope all of you had a good Christmas and have a happy New Year!!!

Sincerely

-Elder Hagues

No comments:

Post a Comment